We are constantly being asked for the recipe for our delicious gourmet salads and this month we thought we’d share one of our favourites – our Thai Beef Salad.
Thai beef ingredients (serves 4)
- 400G Rare roast beef
- 1 cup Bean Sprout (leave them in water to keep fresh)
- 8 Shallots (1cm slices)
- 2 Apple (matchsticks)
- 2 Cup Thai Basil, coriander, mint (leaves only)
- 1 Lebanese cucumber (seeds removed)
- 1 carrot shredded
- 4 Cup Red Capsicum (julienned)
- 480g Glass noodles (cooked)
- 4 Cup of Cabbage (shredded)
- 4 Pinch of peanuts (Rough chop)
- Sprinkle sesame seeds
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes (halved)
Makes 1 cup of Nou cham dressing
- 60ml (1/4 cup) water
- 60ml (1/4 cup) fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (1/2 a lime)
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped palm sugar
- 1/2 stem lemon grass, pale section only, finely chopped
- 2 long fresh red chillies, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
Step 1: Whisk together water, fish sauce, lime juice, vinegar, palm sugar, lemongrass, chillies and garlic in a jug. Place the steak in a glass or ceramic dish. Drizzle with half the dressing. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge, turning occasionally, for 2 hours to develop the flavours.
Step 2: Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill pan on high. Cook steak on grill for 2-3 minutes each side for medium. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil and set aside for 10 minutes to rest.
Step 3: Place the tomato, capsicum, noodles, cabbage, thai leaves, coriander, mint, apple shallots and bean sprout in a bowl. Thinly slice steak across the grain and add to the salad. Drizzle with remaining dressing and gently toss to combine. Divide salad among bowls, Garnish with a sprinkle of sesame seeds, crushed peanuts and 1/8 lime to finish, serve immediately.
Step 4: Enjoy!
To order the Thai Beef Salad from Juju Catering click here or phone 1300 WE CATER to speak with one of the Juju Team.